I am trying to pay off debits and have them remove

I am trying to pay off debits and have them removed from my credit report so that I can establish some new credit in my name. What is the best way to go about doing this? I have pulled my credit reports from all three agencies and there are a few items that I would like to dispute as they are medical bills that were covered in a settlement from an accident I had back in 2007. Is this something that I should contact my attorney about or handle myself? Another issue I saw were two student loans of which one has been paid in full and the other has been rehabilitated and they are still showing as negatives. How should I go about correcting this?

2 Answers

It is best to handle the issue yourself. The attorneys charge a fee for their services. There is no point in paying the fee when you can handle the matter yourself.

Usually negative items remain on your credit report for 7 years from the date of your first default. So it’s quite difficult to remove that item from your credit report before that time period. You should try to pay-off your all dues and add positive information on your credit report to rebuild your credit. You will have to make sure that your account status is updated properly.

Write Your Answer

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
What is the sum of 12 and 0

Page loaded in 1.158 seconds.