How can I deal with an old debt?

I have an old debt. The debt is 12 years old. The SOL period on the debt has crossed. I have not made any agreement on this debt with the CA. So, I know that the SOL clock has not been reset. In spite of this, I get calls from the CA. I want to put an end to this. How can I do it?

2 Answers

Vote up!
Vote down!

There is no need to set up a payment arrangement with them. The moment you enter into an agreement with the CA, the SOL clock will restart. Send a letter to the CA informing that you are not going to pay a penny on the debt as it has crossed the SOL period. Mention in the letter to stop contacting you.

Vote up!
Vote down!

Since the SOL period has expired, so the CA won’t be able to take any legal action against you. I think you should contact with the CA and try to set up a payment arrangement. Otherwise they will harass you by making phone calls.

Write Your Answer

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
What is the sum of 11 and 3

Page loaded in 0.168 seconds.