Hi I'm in DESPERATE NEED for QUICK ANSWERS to my c
Hi I'm in DESPERATE NEED for QUICK ANSWERS to my credit card debt problems TONIGHT!
I had excellent credit only a few years ago with 18 accounts in good standing and a FICO score of 780. Since losing my job and failing at freelancing from home I now have racked up $7,000 outstanding debt on a BOA card and $7,000 on a U.S. Bank card and a few thousand spread out on a few others (total about $17K). I got a 30% Settlement offer from BOA finally after falling 120 days past due which I plan on accepting before the end of next week or they say it may be charged off!
What I really need some advice on is the US Bank credit. Its already two months past due with $350 due now. I got less than an hour to decide if I should accept the U.S. Bank Hardship program tonight? I really can't afford even $109/mo. at the reduced rate of 7.4% with no job yet.
Question is: Should I let the US Bank card go past due and wait for a Settlement offer or should I take the Hardship program for 12 months? They say it will report tomorrow. I don't want to hurt my credit anymore, but I really can't afford the Hardship program right now and am told they will still report it late for 6 payments!? Please help!