Hi I paid off a derogatory account 3 years ago. I

2 Answers

Vote up!
Vote down!

You can contact with your creditors and make a written request to them to update your account status as “Paid” via certified mail with a return receipt request. You may also request them to remove the negative item from your credit report purely out of goodwill. Usually negative items remain on your credit report for the next 7 years. That’s why it depends on their discretion to remove the negative items from your credit report.

Vote up!
Vote down!

If you've already paid off the account, then your creditor should report the account as paid or closed. You should contact your creditor immediately and ask him to update the status of the account on your credit report.

Write Your Answer

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
What is the sum of 1 and 0

Page loaded in 0.259 seconds.