Cannot make payments on the fraudulent card anymore.

My husband’s brother took out a credit card in his name. My brother-in-law didn’t inform him only. So, my husband thought that this was his account. My husband paid the bills on time. However, he is unemployed right now. So, he can’t make payments on this card right now. He has others bills to pay too. What can he do now?

3 Answers

Thanks for the replies. My husband does not want to file a police report. I don't think he will qualify for DMP either. What can he do now? 

Filing a police complaint is definitely an option. Your husband may not like to take this drastic step because of family bond. However, if your husband files a police report, then he will not be held accountable for the debt anymore. Contact your brother-in-law and tell him that what he has done is illegal. Ask him to pay off the outstanding balance. Sign a written agreement with him. If your husband does not want to register a case or your brother-in- law refuses to pay the money, then your husband can enroll in a DMP and clear the debt. But, it may be difficult for him to qualify for this plan without any income.

Pretty easy....tell the brother in law to pay.  What your brother in law did is a crime.  Forgery.  You husband can can easy file a police report and then send that into the credit card company.

How to Deal with Illegal Loans..OhioGal's Primer
PDL's are ILLEGAL in the following states...
OH AND NH have very restrictive low cost interest rate laws.

SOL for all states

Write Your Answer

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
What is the sum of 1 and 15

Page loaded in 1.097 seconds.