Can this be done and could you please tell how?

I want to remove a negative item from my credit report. It was paid in full and closed in the year 2004. Can this be done and could you please tell how?

4 Answers

It will be difficult. The creditor is not obligated to remove the item from your credit report.

The negative items are supposed to stay on your credit report for 7 years, after which it is supposed to fall off your credit reports. So, as this has not happened, it would be better for you to send a dispute letter to the credit bureaus. Send along copy of proof of the payment made in 2004.

Draft a letter to the credit bureau mentioning that the negative item didn't drop off your credit report. Wait for the action to be taken by them.

Usually, the negative items remain on your credit report for 7 years from the date of your first default. After 7 years, the negative items automatically get removed from your credit report. However, if you find that it still exists on your credit report, talk with the credit bureaus - Experian, Transuion and Equifax.

Write Your Answer

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
What is the sum of 1 and 0

Page loaded in 0.246 seconds.